Find more recipes at fussfreeflavours.com
Easy No Mayo Coleslaw
This vibrant, colourful easy to make no mayo coleslaw is the perfect lighter slaw. This vinegar slaw is a light but filling salad that's bursting with vitamins. Bright and robust this can be made ahead and easily transported to picnics and pot lucks. Both dairy and egg free, it is vegan so is suitable for everyone.
Servings: 6 generous portions
- ½ red cabbage - 1 lb
- ½ white cabbage - 1 lb
- 4 carrots - medium
- 3 spring onions
- bunch coriander
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp maple syrup - or honey
- salt and pepper
Mix the dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
Finely slice both types of cabbage. Grate the carrots. Chop the spring onions and coriander.
Add vegetables to dressing, and use your hands to toss the vegetables, coating them evenly in dressing.
Serve and enjoy!
- It is important to shred the vegetables as finely as you can. Using the slicing attachment of a food processor or a mandolin will hep, if your knife skills are not tip top.
- This will keep for up to two days in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Add grated apple to your coleslaw for extra sweetness. Peel and grate the apple straight into the prepared dressing before any other vegetable, and toss to coat it well. This will stop it turning brown.
- Add pomegranate seeds for little bursts of juice.
- Swap out the vegetables. Try other types of cabbage such as hispi, savoy or pak choi are delicious. Try adding grated butternut or parsnip along with the carrot.
- A little miso paste in the dressing adds a hint of umami.
- Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce.
- Add lemon juice for citrus freshness.
- This recipe is 4 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 83kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 344mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 5829IU | Vitamin C: 56mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg