10-minute creamy salmon pasta with garlic & rocket
This easy salmon pasta, served in a creamy garlic sauce, is ready in the time it takes the pasta to cook. Dinner can be on the table in 10 minutes with this tasty mid-week winner.
Servings: 2 people
- 100 g dried pasta - spaghetti
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 small onion - diced
- 1/2 tsp fresh chillies - finely chopped
- 40 g garlic & herb soft cheese
- 1/2 lemon - juice & zest
- 213 g canned salmon - tinned wild Alaska red salmon
- 1 handful rocket leaves
- salt & pepper - to taste
Boil a large saucepan of water and add salt. Add the pasta and cook according to the packet instructions.
Melt the butter in a large frying pan on a medium heat and fry the onion until starting to turn golden.
Add the sliced chilli and cook for a couple of minutes.
Add the cheese & lemon. Skim off some of the pasta water, add to the cheese mixture, and gently heat until the cheese is melted and you have a creamy sauce
Flake the salmon and add to the sauce along with the chopped rocket. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce.
Stir gently together, season well and serve immediately.
- Make a dinner party version of this dish by using premium-quality fresh pasta and adding a glug of white wine in place of the lemon juice.
- When any recipe uses half an onion, chop and freeze the spare in an airtight box to cook from frozen next time. Leftover chillis can also be used in the same way.
- You can leave the chilli out if you don't want the heat.
- The quantities are very forgiving and the recipe is very generous with the amount of salmon. You could easily add extra pasta to serve 3 or even 4.
- Add a spoon of water, and reheat leftovers in the microwave.
- Add some extra veg to this creamy salmon pasta - we have lots of ideas on how to add extra vegetables to pasta dishes.
- Use different flavours of cream cheese.
- A handful of coriander/cilantro would be delicious with the salmon.
- This recipe is 14 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.
Calories: 473kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 528mg | Potassium: 608mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 755IU | Vitamin C: 17.8mg | Calcium: 361mg | Iron: 1.8mg