Recipe: Easy Asparagus Risotto
A simple vegetarian recipe for asparagus or Primavera risotto made in the Multicooker, perfect for spring.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 medium white onion - finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - peeled and chopped
- 250 g risotto rice
- 550 - 600 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbs dry white wine
- Juice & zest 1 lemon
- 16 asparagus spears - cut into 3cm lengths - woody stems discarded
- handful mangetout - topped & tailed and sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup petit pois
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parmesan to serve
Select the REDMOND Multicooker to FRY – VEGETABLES with a time of 10 minutes. Add the olive oil, half the butter and allow to melt. Add the onion and garlic with a pinch of salt and stir fry until soft and translucent.
Add the rice and fry for another few minutes until the rice is translucent.
Press KEEP WARM/CANCEL.
Add half the stock and close the lid. Select QUICK COOK and a time of 30 minutes.
After 10 minutes give the risotto a good stir and add the wine and enough stock to cover all the rice. Close the lid and allow to cook for another 10 minutes.
Stir the risotto again, adding the lemon juice and zest and more stock if the rice is not properly cooked.
Once the rice is cooked stir in the asparagus and both types of peas, close the lid and allow to cook for another few minutes.
Check the seasoning and serve with grated Parmesan*
*Use vegetarian Parmesan or similar Italian hard cheese as required.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.