The more I use my Redmond Multicooker, the fonder I become if it. It is compact, adaptable and will fry, stew, steam, boil, bake & slow cook with its 35 functions. I can see that I’ll be using it more as it become warmer and I don’t want to stand over a hot stove. I first reviewed my Redmond Multicooker back in October and think that at just over £100 the machine is remarkably good value and is perfect for the smaller kitchen, for students, caravans and boats. It is really well designed and I especially appreciate that all the accessories (including the power cord) fit into the machine for storage.
This month I have made a very easy and seasonal Primavera risotto containing asparagus and two types of peas; mange tout and petit pois, as well as lots of fresh lemon. This is a leave-it-to-cook risotto with minimal hands on time, admittedly not as creamy as the ones you will get from standing stirring throughout the whole cooking process, but all in all I was very impressed with it.
Recipe: Easy Asparagus Risotto
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 medium white onion - finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - peeled and chopped
- 250 g risotto rice
- 550 - 600 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbs dry white wine
- Juice & zest 1 lemon
- 16 asparagus spears - cut into 3cm lengths (woody stems discarded)
- handful mangetout - topped & tailed and sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup petit pois
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parmesan to serve
- Select the REDMOND Multicooker to FRY – VEGETABLES with a time of 10 minutes. Add the olive oil, half the butter and allow to melt. Add the onion and garlic with a pinch of salt and stir fry until soft and translucent.
- Add the rice and fry for another few minutes until the rice is translucent.
- Press KEEP WARM/CANCEL.
- Add half the stock and close the lid. Select QUICK COOK and a time of 30 minutes.
- After 10 minutes give the risotto a good stir and add the wine and enough stock to cover all the rice. Close the lid and allow to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Stir the risotto again, adding the lemon juice and zest and more stock if the rice is not properly cooked.
- Once the rice is cooked stir in the asparagus and both types of peas, close the lid and allow to cook for another few minutes.
- Check the seasoning and serve with grated Parmesan*
- *Use vegetarian Parmesan or similar Italian hard cheese as required.
For more recipe using the Redmond why not try my:
Recipe commissioned by Redmond – I use a Redmond RMC-M4502E Multicooker currently priced at £104.90 .