Recipe: Buttered Rum Berry Syllabub
This super simple pudding is sure to impress and is perfect for a romantic night in. Make this Buttered Rum Berry Syllabub in a few easy steps!
Servings: 2 servings
For the Buttered Rum Berries:
- 20 g butter
- 20 g white sugar
- 20 ml rum
- 100 g mixed berries - I used half blueberry and half raspberry
For the Syllabub:
- 150 ml double cream
- 2 dsp icing sugar
- 1 tbs juice from the buttered rum berries
- 2 tbs dry white wine or champagne
- 100 g mixed berries
- 1 tbs flaked almonds – toasted - optional
- 2 sprigs of mint - optional
Put the butter, sugar and rum into a small pan and heat until melted. Add the berries and gently cook for a few minutes until the berries are soft, but still holding their shape and the liquid is syrupy. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
In a large bowl whisk the cream, sugar, juice and wine or champagne together until thickened, but still floppy.
Divide the berry mixture between two glasses. Gently dollop the cream mixture over the meringue. I use a jam funnel to get it neatly into the glass. Smooth it down if needed.
Top with the fresh berries, toasted almonds and a sprig of mint.
Serve immediately, or keep in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.
• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.