Cooking fish in a parcel ensures tender moist results every time. Pair with roasted beetroot and baby potatoes
Cooking fish in a parcel ensures perfectly cooked succulent results every time. Paired with roasted salad potatoes and a salad this salmon dish makes a perfect weekday supper which you can leave to cook whilst you get on with other things.
Beetroot with Baked Salmon with Roasted New Potatoes
For the Roasted Potatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8-10 salad potatoes – cut lengthwise into quarters
- 4 Hayward’s Baby Beetroot – drained and cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1 tsp capers optional
- Salt & Pepper to season
For the Salmon:
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 2 x 110g salmon fillets
- 4 Hayward’s Baby Beetroot – drained and cut into 5mm slices
- 6 stalks of fresh coriander
- 4 slices of lemon
For the Potatoes:
- Heat oven to 200C/GM6. Put the oil, potatoes, beetroot and capers into a small roasting pan or gratin dish, season, then shake well to cost with the oil.
- Put in the oven and cook for 40 minutes.
For the Salmon:
- Brush the oil onto a piece of foil large enough to wrap the salmon in. Place the salmon skin side down on the foil, arrange the beetroot on top of each piece. Top each salmon fillet with two coriander stalks and a slice of lemon.
- Fold the foil into a parcel, scrunching up the edges to completely enclose the fish. Place on a baking tray, pop into the oven and cook for 25 minutes (start cooking the salmon 15 minutes after you put the potatoes in).
- Serve with the roasted potatoes and beetroot, adding fresh coriander and lemon to the salmon.
Click for more recipes using Hayward’s pickles.
Recipe commissioned for Hayward’s. Photography courtesy of Hayward’s.