There is one banana in 3 of these muffins, so that is one of your five a day sorted. They are also vegan* so contain no cholesterol. Positively healthy. In the interests of my blog I need to go and make another batch as I really need to get better photos.
* I try and bake vegan as I firmly believe that there is no excuse for eating eggs that are not free range and organic. If you cannot afford quality eggs, then you can bake really well without them, seriously just leave them out!
Substitute finely grated plain chocolate for liquid chocolate, regular cow milk would work in place of the soy milk (I really do not like diary milk, although I can eat cheese and cream literally until the cows come home).
Double Chocolate & Banana Muffins
- 7 oz plain flour
- 2 oz sugar
- 2 tbs finely grated plain chocolate
- 2 tbs chocolate chips
- 1 heaped tsp baking power
- pinch salt
- 7 oz milk (I use soy)
- 2 oz sunflower oil
- 2 very ripe bananas
- Whizz the oil and milk mixture with a stick blender or liquidiser until smooth. Mix the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold together (the batter should be lumpy and mixing should take no more than 15 folds). Bake at GM5/190C/375F in your favourite muffin pan (I use this one) for 20 – 25 mins until risen.
- Enjoy warm from the oven.
They look amazing – can i pre-order some for my next visit! x
Sarah, Maison Cupcake
They look scrummy. Shouldn’t you be saving them for breakfast?!
I just made an banana cake from the Eric Lanlard book this evening, I didn’t realise my poor husband had been working his way through all the spotty bananas I’d been saving and I had to mash up the newer ones!
Didn’t you just say something about having a spotty banana ready and waiting…. these look yum!
I have been looking through your yummy recipes and I had to stop and tell you that your photos make it hard to go to the next recipe. They are fabulous.
Love the sound of liquid chocolate!
I have two, tired near black bananas in the bowl, which I had saved for banana bread, until I realised it used 4 ‘nanas, your muffins will be perfect for them!