There is one banana in 3 of these muffins, so that is one of your five a day sorted. They are also vegan* so contain no cholesterol. Positively healthy. In the interests of my blog I need to go and make another batch as I really need to get better photos.
* I try and bake vegan as I firmly believe that there is no excuse for eating eggs that are not free range and organic. If you cannot afford quality eggs, then you can bake really well without them, seriously just leave them out!
Substitute finely grated plain chocolate for liquid chocolate, regular cow milk would work in place of the soy milk (I really do not like diary milk, although I can eat cheese and cream literally until the cows come home).
Double Chocolate & Banana Muffins
- 7 oz plain flour
- 2 oz sugar
- 2 tbs finely grated plain chocolate
- 2 tbs chocolate chips
- 1 heaped tsp baking power
- pinch salt
- 7 oz milk (I use soy)
- 2 oz sunflower oil
- 2 very ripe bananas
- Whizz the oil and milk mixture with a stick blender or liquidiser until smooth. Mix the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold together (the batter should be lumpy and mixing should take no more than 15 folds). Bake at GM5/190C/375F in your favourite muffin pan (I use this one) for 20 – 25 mins until risen.
- Enjoy warm from the oven.