According to the date of the photo I made this several months ago, in March to be exact. I know it was utterly delicious, so the photo was thus placed in the “To be blogged at a later date when I have time” file. Usually, unless I blog within 2 days of making something, the odds of the photo making its way from my laptop to the internet are very slim, but the person that I made this for reminded me the other day how she had enjoyed it, promoting me to act upon my original intention to write about it.
Use the bestest, freshest, creamiest buffalo Mozzarella you can buy, mine came from a wonderful Italian deli opposite Hammersmith (Circle line) Underground Station.
Marinated Mozzarella & Parmesan
- 1 ball Mozzarella
- 1 tbs good olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- Juice & zest of half a lemon
- 2 oz Parmesan
- 1 tsp capers
- few basil leaves
- Simply slice the mozzarella into 1/4" / 0.5cm slices and arrange in a shallow bowl.
- Pour over the olive oil, lemon zest & juice and the finely chopped garlic.
- Using a peeler cut the Parmesan into slivers and sprinkle with the capers over the mozzarella.
- Allow to stand for a few hours. Sprinkle with torn basil leaves and serve with crusty bread.