It is a fair bet that when I am sent new products to review, I will, if at all possible, attempt to make muffins using said product. The Jordans Super Nutty Granola was no exception.
The granola is good stuff, crunchy, not too clumpy, and absolutely packed with enough nuts to delight several families of squirrels. I like Jordans as a brand, they use British oats which are “conservation grade” where the farmers are paid a premium to keep 10% of their land as nature friendly habitats.
Nutty Granola Muffins
- 4 ½ oz plain flour
- 1 ½ oz sugar
- 4 oz Nutty Granola - I used Jordans
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 4 oz milk soy or dairy
- 2 oz sunflower oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Dash vanilla essence
- Some more granola for serving
- Preheat oven to 190°C/GM5/375°F
- Whisk the oil, milk and honey mixture with a fork. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold together. Do not overmix: the batter should be lumpy and mixing should take no more than 15 folds
- Spoon the mixture into your a muffin tin, sprinkle each muffin with a little more granola.
- Bake for 20 – 25 mins until risen.
Click for a printable recipe Nutty Granola Muffins
Jordan’s Super Nutty Granola is available from Waitrose, Tesco and Asda stores nationwide at an RRP of £3.99
Thank you to Jordans for my review sample.