Yesterday I reviewed the Mighty Spice Cookbook and promised a recipe from it, so here you are.
This was delicious, I used some of my Morrison’s father’s day rump steak rather than the fillet suggested in the recipe, which I was very impressed with. Both tender and flavoursome, far better quality than I am used to from supermarket meat.
I have also come to realise that ginger is essential in any vaguely Chinese based recipe to give a full and rounded flavour. The balsamic vinegar is an interesting addition, adding a modern flavour and some sourness. I’ll be making variations on this recipe again and again.
Tried this recipe?If you try this recipe please tag #FussFreeFlavours on Instagram or Twitter. It is amazing for me when for me when you make one of my recipes and I really do love to see them. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thanks for reading Fuss Free Flavours!
Stir-Fried Beef with Black Pepper & BasilStir-Fried Beef with Black Pepper & BasilServings: 4
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 500 g (1lb 2oz) beef fillet (finely sliced)
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2.5 cm (1 in) piece root ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- a pinch of sugar
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 large handful basil leaves (roughly torn)
- Heat a wok over a high heat and add the oil. Once hot add the sliced beef and stir-fry or 1-2 mins, or until turning golden brown.
- Add the garlic, ginger & black pepper and stir-fry for another minute, then add the sugar, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and basil leaves. Mix well and serve immediately.
NotesRecipe reproduced with kind permission from DBP• Please note that the nutrition information provided below is approximate and meant as a guideline only.• Unless stated otherwise cup conversions have been made with an online tool. For accuracy please check with your favoured conversion tool. We recommend buying inexpensive digital kitchen scales.Nutrition FactsStir-Fried Beef with Black Pepper & BasilAmount Per Serving (4 servings)Calories 414 Calories from Fat 306% Daily Value*Fat 34g52%Saturated Fat 16g100%Cholesterol 87mg29%Sodium 314mg14%Potassium 414mg12%Carbohydrates 2g1%Protein 23g46%Vitamin C 0.9mg1%Calcium 19mg2%Iron 3.2mg18%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.Delicious Recipes Emailed To You!Get easy, tasty recipes for FREE when you subscribe! Click to Subscribe Now!!
Come back tomorrow for the chance to win one of three copies of Mighty Spice!