These Horlicks malted chocolate pots are a decadent, but easy to make dessert with only three ingredients. Egg free!
Chocolate pots are one of my favourite desserts to make and are something that I have featured on the blog often. You really cannot go far wrong with a pudding made of cream and chocolate. Chocolate pots tick all my fuss free boxes – quick, easy, impressive and you can make them in advance – ideal for easy mid week entertaining.
My twist on the classic chocolate pot for this dessert recipe is to add some Horlicks – malted milk powder – to add another layer of flavour, then top the pots with a swirl of Horlicks cream.
Horlicks was first made 140 years ago and was sold as a nourishing drink. It is packed with nutrients and vitamins, and its main ingredients are wheat and malted barley, it is traditionally served mixed with milk to make a hot drink, but its maltiness and unique taste means it makes an excellent ingredient for both sweet and savoury dishes.
Three Ingredient Horlicks (Malted Milk Powder) Chocolate Pots
- 300 ml double cream
- 4 tsp heaped Horlicks Original
- 75 g chocolate - finely chopped - I prefer dark - but milk would also work
- Pour 200ml of the cream into a small pan and gently heat.
- Add 4 tsp of the Horlicks and whisk until dissolved.
- Once the cream starts to simmer, add the chocolate and stir until it has melted.
- Pour the chocolate cream into 4 verrine or shot glasses. Allow to cool then keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- When ready to serve whip the remaining cream with a teaspoon of Horlicks, until thick, but still floppy. Top each glass with the cream. Grate a little chocolate over to decorate.
- Return to the fridge for up to 2 hours before serving.
- This recipe is 14 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
For some more ever so easy to make chocolate pots you might also like my three ingredient white chocolate and lemon pots.
Recipe for Horlicks Malted Milk Chocolate Pots commissioned by Horlicks. All opinions our own.