This chicken stir fry is packed with flavour, contains 3 of your 5 a day, will fill you up, but only contains less than 300 calories! The secret ingredient is one of the new SlimFast noodle boxes which are made with konjac noodles. Konjac is an Asian vegetable, whose starchy roots are made into these noodles which contain no fat or sugar and barely any calories.
The new pots are available in three flavours, Chicken Tikka Masala, Spaghetti Bolognaise, and Spicy Thai Noodles and contain between 71 – 80 calories depending on flavour. Simply microwave them for 2 minutes for a quick, and filling snack.
I’ve used a Spicy Thai Noodle pot in this recipe, adding some marinaded chicken and lots of vegetables to make it into a complete meal.
Recipe: Low calorie chicken vegetable packed stir fry
- 20 ml soy sauce
- 5 ml sesame oil
- 1/2 cm ginger root - grated
- 1 clove garlic - crushed
- 75 g chicken breast - cut into thin strips (skinless)
- 1 spray cooking oil
- 1/2 red chilli - deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 100 g mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 100 g mixed peppers - deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 50 g broccoli florettes
- 1 Slimfast Spicy Thai Noodle Pot
- 1/2 head of pak choi - cut into strips lengthwise
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic together in a small bowl and stir in the chicken. Cover and leave in the fridge for up to 24 hours to marinade.
- Spray a non stick frying pan with one spray of cooking oil, and heat. Drain the chicken from the marinade and stir fry for a 5 minutes until cooked through and starting to brown.
- Add the chilli, mushrooms, peppers and broccoli and stir fry for another few minutes.
- Add the Slimfast noodle pot, the reserved marinade and cook through until piping hot.
- Stir through the shredded pak choi.
- Serve immediately, garnished with the coriander with a little soy and chilli sauce.
Recipe commissioned by SlimFast.