Another guest post from my friend Annabel.
Once more, I return with a review for Helen. Today I have miniature measuring tubes and drying dish rack to show to you.
How often do you want to make a half or quarter portion of a recipe? And you do not have a ¼ tsp measure? No – neither did I. Well no more. The OXO Good Grips 4 Piece Mini Measuring Beaker Set covers this nicely with its smallest tube. These clever little tubes let you measure up to 60ml and 2oz in the larger tubes, whilst the smaller two cover tbsp and tsp measurements. They are not only aesthetically pleasing to look at; in blue, red, green and yellow. But they stack together using up very little space in today’s modern city kitchen. They would also look perfect in any country kitchen where you don’t need to feel the need to stack them!
After any meal has been consumed, the washing up commences – at least it does in my home. No I have no space even for a slim line dishwasher. Hand wash all the way for me. 2/3 of the OXO’s Dish Rack is covered spikes, which turned out to be super useful for drying mini measuring tubes. The other third is a clear area for irregular objects. This light weight dish rack is ideal for a smaller kitchen and suits any drainer type. Once everything has been dried and popped away. Simply pour away the excess water and clean with a washing up brush. Brilliant!
Love stirfry? Check out my low calorie version!
Recipe: Vegetable and Chicken Stir Fry - making a half or quarter portion
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 2 tbsp Chinese rice wine (or dry white wine)
- Stir fry vegetables of your choice:
- Yellow pepper roughly sliced
- Bamboo shoots
- Water chestnuts
- Carrots finely sliced
- Chicken breast enough for 4 – diced (mine on this occasion was precooked)
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, cornflour, Chinese five spice and Chinese rice wine into a paste.
- Place a wok (or flat frying pan) on a medium heat, with some sesame or peanut oil on a high heat. Once warmed through add the vegetables and cook on a high heat for a few minutes.
- Add the pre cooked chicken and then cook for a few minutes further. If using fresh chicken, add before the vegetables.
- Serve immediately.
Many thanks to Annabel for her recipe & review, and to OXO Good grips for the samples.
Franglais kitchen, Nazima
fabulous set of containers. I love OXO and they always come up with a nice way of designing functional objects. This is one on my to get list as currently still using my little boys milk bottle as a measuring device for small volumes but that won’t last forever!
I’m a huge fan of the OXO Good Grips range… they always look good as well as performing well in the kitchen. That drainer is awesome – puts my boring one to shame!
I have a very boring wire drainer, most stuff gets slung in the dishwasher!