SPAM® is one of my favourite comfort foods, and when I do eat some, I really rather enjoy it. Cooking transforms it, so fry or grill until it is crispy and full of flavour. I rather like cubes of crispy fried SPAM®, mixed in with some pasta, flavoured with chilli and sprinkled with grated cheese. Delicious and a nod back to my childhood and the SPAM® we were served for school lunches – albeit sliced straight from the can.
This year SPAM® appreciation week runs from the 2nd – 8th March, and if you share your love of SPAM® – with a simple recipe, poem, photo or drawing you can win some great prizes including a breakfast hot balloon experience, breakfast at the top of the iconic Shard skyscraper in London, or breakfast with the big cats. Entry is easy and will only take a few seconds, pop over to the SPAM® website and fill in a simple form by the 28th of this month. For every entry SPAM® are donating £1 to The Children’s Hospital in Sheffield so you are supporting a great cause by taking part.
Using crumpets as a “pizza” base is a kitchen trick that I have been using for years, so I am pleased to be able to share this simple recipe for SPAM® and cheese crumpets – perfect for a SPAM® based breakfast or snack.
- 200g tub or can SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham cut into large cubes
- 4 x Crumpets
- 40g Cheddar cheese – grated
- Preheat grill and once warmed, grill the SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham slices each side until golden.
- Put the 4 crumpets in at the same time as the SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham under the grill.
- Keep the crumpets warm and allow the grilled SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham to cool a little and cut into dice.
- Divide SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham into four batches and pile on top of each grilled crumpet.
- Pile the grated cheese on top of each crumpet and return to the hot grill until the cheese is hot and bubbling.
- Place two crumpets each on warm plates and serve immediately.
Win SPAM® breakfast pack worth £50
How To Enter
- Simply complete the Gleam widget below to verify your entries
- Entries can be via blog comment, Facebook, Twitter etc
- Read the rules below, and please take note of the entry criteria. I can tell if you have tweeted and facebooked, I do verify entries, and will, and have disqualified people who cheat.
- Closing date Midnight 8th March 2015
New to Fuss Free Flavours or Gleam?
- If there is no form hit refresh (f5) and it should appear
- You need to complete the mandatory entry first – usually making a blog comment
- Login to Gleam – click to see what the question is. Make a comment answering the question on the blog, (I verify all comments so it will not appear immediately), go back to Gleam and click the button to tell my you have made a comment, this will unlock all the other options regardless of whether the comment is approved or not.
- Gleam will tweet, like and follow on your behalf making it really easy to enter!
- For information on how to find the url of your tweet click here
- Really want to win the prize? Come back every day for bonus entries
Many thanks to SPAM® for this prize. This is a sponsored post. All opinions our own.
For another chance to win this prize pop over to Fab Food 4 All!