Cheese and pancetta breakfast muffins – quick and easy, ideal for a leisurely weekend breakfast
This is one of my favourite weekend breakfasts and perfect to take back to bed with coffee, the question is who pops out to buy the papers whilst the chef is at work?
Cheese and Pancetta Breakfast Muffins
- 3 oz pancetta
- 3 oz strong cheddar
- 6 oz plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 1/2 fl oz milk
- 1 1/2 fl oz oil
- Dice and fry the pancetta until brown and crisp,
- Heat the oven to GM5/190C/375F. Line a muffin pan with paper cases, or prepare a silicone mould.
- Mix the wet ingredients - the oil and milk. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the liquid to the flour, and fold together a couple of times. Don't fully mix the ingredients.
- Fold in the pancetta and cheese reserving some of the pancetta for sprinking on the batter.
- Cook until golden brown and when the tops spring back when pressed lightly - about 25 minutes.