I am currently all about low maintenance suppers – delicious dishes, which are easy to prepare that you can leave to cook whilst you polish off a few chores. This salmon with a peanut butter crust can be dressed up or down – serve as with a simple salad for a mid week supper, or dress up with more complicated accompaniments for a mid week dinner party. Either way is delicious, and this dish deserves to be put back into the Fuss Free regular repertoire.
Recipe: Herby Lemon Peanut Butter Crusted Salmon
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 heaped dsp smooth peanut butter
- ½ lemon – juiced
- pinch chilli flakes
- 5 sprigs coriander – finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to GM5 / 190C.
- Place the salmon in an oiled oven proof dish, skin side down.
- Mix the peanut butter, lemon juice, chilli and coriander – it needs some stirring and it will suddenly come together and thicken dramatically, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture over the salmon fillets and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with lemon and some more coriander.