These vegan peanut butter, jelly, chocolate and banana quesadillas are a delicious, and easy to make treat.
A peanut butter and jelly sandwich is as American as apple pie, and then some more. So this British Sandwich Week what better than a jazzed up good old PB&J sandwich?
I’ve filled a wrap with a generous dollop peanut butter, blueberry jam (or jelly depending what side of the Atlantic you are), a sliced banana and then a few squares of dark chocolate, before toasting to melt the peanut butter and chocolate to gooey perfection. A sandwich that Elvis would have been pleased to eat!
Once the quesadillas are cooked, carefully cut in half, stack and serve with fresh berries and a dusting of icing sugar, as well as a glass of milk for that full American style snack experience.
Skippy smooth peanut butter is velvety smooth, and almost silky once melted; if you prefer some more texture then there is also a crunchy version.
- 2 wraps
- 2 tbs smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp heaped blueberry jam
- 1 banana - sliced
- 4 squares dark chocolate - chopped
- Spread the peanut butter onto one half of each of the wraps, top with the jam, banana and chocolate. Fold the wrap over and lightly press.
- Cook on a hot griddle for a few minutes until toasted, carefully flip and cook the other side until the filling has melted.
- Serve stacked up with berries and a glass of milk.
If you love peanut butter you may also like
Or Camilla’s Peanut Butter & Banana Rolls
Peanut butter, jelly, chocolate and banana quesadillas recipe commissioned by Skippy Peanut Butter