We’ve been staycationing this week, staying at Ed’s sister’s place in the Cotswold Water Park doing our usual summer stint of gerbil sitting. Although I have been having a break, I have been doing some work, but trying to keep everything really simple – throw something on the BBQ and serve with a green salad and glass or two of prosecco, then follow up with a bowl of strawberries, cream and a good scoop of ice cream. Simple, fuss-free but delicious.
I had an epiphany this week, and discovered that I have been cooking pasta wrong for all of my life. Pasta, as anyone will tell you, is a simple thing, boil up a large pot of water, throw in some salt and a few drops of oil, add pasta, make a pasta sauce, you know the routine. This week I discovered the life changing one pot magic wonder pasta! Simply add all the ingredients for the pasta and sauce to a pot and simmer until the pasta is done! It is the perfect one pot dish, the starchy pasta water makes a lovely silky smooth rich creamy pasta sauce and the only washing up is a chopping board, pasta pan, knife, serving bowls and cutlery, and the prosecco glasses, of course.
I was skeptical about not frying the onion, but it really does not need to be cooked first, simply layer in all the ingredients, cover with stock, cover, bring to a simmer.
I used my used my new Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick wok to cook the pasta in, it is robust, but lightweight, has two handles rather than one long one, and a snugly fitting glass lid (see my recipe for caramelised onions in the Le Creuset wok, and spaghetti frittata in the Le Creuset frying pan). Once the pasta has softened give the mix a good stir and cook until the pasta is nearly done and the liquid absorbed, stir in a spoon of goat’s cheese and voilà! Dinner is served in 20 minutes with minimal washing up.
Quick, easy, adaptable and fuss free this is my new to go dish for a speedy week-night supper.
Or, for another delicious one-pot dish that uses chorizo, make my one-pot Spanish chicken with rice.
Creamy chorizo & goat's cheese one pot magic pasta
- 170 g linguini or spaghetti
- 1/2 onion - finely chopped
- 1 fat clove garlic - peeled and chopped
- 5 cm chorizo cut into 1cm cubes
- 1/2 red pepper - cut into strips
- 150 g tinned tomatoes (about a third of a tin)
- 4 basil stems - chopped
- 500 ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 dsp creamy goat's cheese
- squeeze lemon juice
- Place all the ingredients apart from the goat's cheese and lemon into deep frying pan or wok with a snugly fitting lid. Slowly bring to a simmer.
- Once the pasta has softened stir well.
- For the last few minutes of cooking remove the lid, stir in the cheese and a squeeze of lemon juice to lift the flavour and season to taste.
- Serve with a sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan.
The 28cm Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick Wok is available from Le Creuset & other retailers RRP £120, matching lid RRP £28
For a chance to win one of these fabulous woks for yourself simply follow the instructions below.
Win 28cm Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick Wok and Lid RRP £148
How To Enter
- Simply complete the Gleam widget below to verify your entries
- Entries can be via blog comment, Facebook, Twitter etc
- Read the rules below, and please take note of the entry criteria. I can tell if you have tweeted and facebooked, I do verify entries, and will, and have disqualified people who cheat.
- Closing date Midnight 10th September 2015
New to Fuss Free Flavours or Gleam?
- If there is no form hit refresh (f5) and it should appear
- You need to complete the mandatory entry first – usually making a blog comment
- Login to Gleam – click to see what the question is. Make a comment answering the question on the blog, (I verify all comments so it will not appear immediately), go back to Gleam and click the button to tell my you have made a comment, this will unlock all the other options regardless of whether the comment is approved or not.
- Gleam will tweet, like and follow on your behalf making it really easy to enter!
- For information on how to find the url of your tweet click here
- Really want to win the prize? Come back every day for bonus entries
For more prizes see the giveaways page on both Fuss Free Flavours, and Fuss Free Living
Many thanks to Le Creuset for this prize. Recipe commissioned by Le Creuset. I was also gifted some items from the range. All opinions our own.