More holiday muffins, this time I used muesli as a ingredient to make these perfect for breakfast; use a good quality muesli for these muffins with lots of nuts, seeds and fruits and no added fats or sugars. I used Quantock Muesli that we have bought in Somerset en route to Cornwall.
For another breakfast time twist on muesli try a muesli sourdough loaf!
- 2 oz spelt flour
- 2 oz plain flour
- 2 oz muesli
- 1 oz granulated sugar (golden )
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 5 fl oz soy milk (or use your usual milk)
- 1 fl oz sunflower oil
- extra muesli or granola (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to GM 4/180°C/350°F. Sift the flour. Place the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Whisk wet ingredients in a separate bowl or jug. Fold wet ingredients into the dry (no more than 15 folds) to make a batter (lumps are fine).
- Pour into muffin cases or a silicone mould. Sprinkle extra muesli on top and lightly press into batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until risen and golden brown.
Of, if you want to prepare your muesli in a more traditional way, follow this link and discover all there is to know about bircher muesli!