A leisurely soak in some marinade can make the most hum-drum of ingredients a delight, not only does a marinade add flavour it can also help to tenderise tougher cuts of meat. These small lamb chops were certainly not in need of any tenderising, but were delicious after their overnight dip in the marinade.
If you have not got, or it is not the weather to BBQ then try my oven baked one tray sticky lamb chops with roasted vegetables
Recipe: Balsamic & Redcurrant Marinated BBQ Lamb Chops
- 4 tbs redcurrant jelly
- 6 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs chopped fresh mint
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 lemon (juice & zest)
- 12 thin lamb chops (suitable for the BBQ)
- Place the redcurrant jelly into a small saucepan and allow to melt over a low heat.
- Add the vinegar, olive oil, mint, garlic and lemon. Season well and whisk gently to mix
- Arrange the lamb chops in a container and pour over the marinade. Give a good shake to coat the chops, cover and leave in the fridge overnight, turning the chops over once.
- Cook on a hot BBQ for 3-4 minutes each side according to taste.
You might also like my;-
- BBQ lump of rump
- Yoghurt marinaded chicken tikka kebabs
- Ultimate effortless pulled pork
- And for your vegetarian guests serve my veggie falafel kebabs.
- Jac’s recipe for BBQed apricots with goat’s cheese
- Elizabeth’s recipe for BBQed Pineapple
- Michelle’s recipe for lamb & apricot sosaties