The Acrifry has been around since 2007, and is perhaps most famous for making chips in – it boasts it can make a kilo of chips with just one spoonful of oil, and very good they are too. But it is also very adaptable and can be used for all manner of other dishes, stews, risottos, curries, granola as well as nachos. This method allows you to coat the crisps with cheese (and use less in the process), rather than having a few heavily laden and the majority being disappointingly cheeseless.
I used the Actifry to fry some sliced peppers, then added nachos and a handful of cheese. I switched it back on for one revolution to turn the nachos chips over and to coat with cheese. The result was nacho perfection with a fair and even distribution of cheese. The machine is so simple to use, switch on and it is ready to cook in seconds, and with its robust non stick it takes seconds to wash.
Recipe: Actifry Cheesy Nachos
- 1 tsp light olive oil
- 1 1/2 bell peppers - finely sliced (I used a mix of green, red and yellow)
- 100 g Tortilla chips
- 50 g Cheddar cheese - grated
- Place the oil and the peppers in the Actifry. Switch on and cook for about 5 - 7 minutes until the peppers are soft and starting to turn brown. Switch the fryer off.
- Arrange the tortilla chips evenly around the pan and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Switch the machine back on and allow the paddle to rotate once or twice until the tortilla chips are coated with melted cheese.
- Serve immediately with gucamole and salsa
Other dips you might like to serve with your nachos
- my recipe for beetroot and cannellini bean dip
- my recipe for goat’s cheese & rocket hummus
- or any one of the best hummus recipes on the internet
Or other Actifry ideas include
- Camilla’s (the Actifry Queen) Actifry Chicken thighs
We received an Actifry for review. All opinions our own.
Tefal Actifry airfryers are available from £99 to £249 depending on model and retailer.