Halloween is coming and to celebrate the launch of the new SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham With Garlic, the folks at SPAM® have come up with these ghoulish SPAM fritters.
With Halloween nearly upon us, there’s a new variety of SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham With Garlic, that not only makes the perfect Hammier Horror party treats, but also keeps the vampires away!
Whether you’re planning a party or having a cosy night at home watching horror films, get fixed for Halloween with these mouth-watering SPAM® Spooks. Tasty garlic has been mixed into the SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham to provide an ‘all in one’ option that can be used to make these Spooky SPAM® figures. This cheap and reliable recipe will impress all your guests and make your night spooktacular.
Recipe: Hammier Horror SPAM Spooks
Makes 8 SPAM® Spooks
1 x 340g can SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham with Garlic (lie SPAM® on its wide side and cut into 8/10 slices)
16 x slices medium cut white or 50/50 bread from a large sliced loaf
2 extra large organic eggs, well beaten
Vegetable oil for frying
Cardboard for templates
1) With the cardboard cut out templates of ghosts, skulls and coffins
2) Place a template on to a slice of bread and with kitchen scissors, cut around the template making two for each SPAM® Spook
3) Cut the slices of SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham with Garlic to fit into the middle of each shape and press well together
4) Pour the oil into a large frying pan to approximately 2/3 cm deep and heat until a cube of bread quickly fries to golden
5) Dip each SPAM® Spook into the beaten egg, coating each side and carefully place into the hot oil
6) Fry for approximately 1 minute until golden, carefully turn over and repeat. Carefully take out of the hot oil and drain on absorbent paper. Repeat with the other SPAM® Spooks
7) Serve on a warm serving plate
Limited Edition SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham With Garlic is available in a 340g can in Sainsbury’s, with a RRP of £1.69.
For further information on SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham products, please follow the UK SPAM® Facebook page: www.facebook.com/OfficialSPAMUK and on Twitter: www.twitter.com/OfficialSPAMUK
This is a sponsored post