You will love this quick ‘n’ easy tray bake made with Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs, that makes its own gravy. Simply pop all the ingredients into a roasting pan and bake. Hands on time is less than 5 minutes. Ideal for a weeknight supper and Keto Friendly.
Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
I love a quick and easy one tray leave-it-all-to-cook chicken dish. It is the ultimate easy to prepare, but delicious supper, with innumerable variations. In this version I’ve smothered tender chicken thighs with a mixture of honey mustard, soy sauce and olive oil, put them into a roasting dish containing sliced onions and garlic, thrown in some lemon and left to cook.
Chicken thighs are frugal, full of flavour and remain moist after roasting; unlike chicken breasts which can dry out, which makes them my first choice for a dish like this.
As the chicken cooks the marinade forms a delicious coating, and all the juices mix and thicken to make a rich gravy. Serve with rice, cous-cous, mashed potato, or a hunk of crusty bread to soak up the delicious juices. You can dress this dish up or down – bake in a pretty china dish for a dinner party, or an everyday one for a weekday supper. Leftovers freeze well and can be reheated in either the microwave or the oven.
The star of the show is the Heinz New York deli style mustard with honey, it is sweet and mild, with a small, but not potent kick. It would also be delicious with a hot dog, pastrami sandwich and is perfect with any BBQed food. I’ve been adding it to dressings – both vinaigrette (where it helps emulsify) and mayonnaise based.
Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs Traybake
- 1 medium onion – peeled & sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic – peeled & sliced
- 2 tbsp Heinz New York style mustard with honey (or any mild mustard and a spoon of honey)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large chicken thighs (with skin and bone)
- 1 lemon - quartered
- Heat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4
- Scatter the onion and garlic into an oven proof dish.
- Mix the mustard, olive oil and soy sauce, and use it to coat the chicken thighs. Place the chicken pieces on top of the onions. Pour over any remaining mustard mixture.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Tuck the pieces of lemon between the chicken thighs.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the juices have thickened.
- Freezes well - reheat in the oven of microwave.
- Scale the recipe up or down - use a roasting tray big enough so you can spread the thighs out to a single layer
- This recipe is 10 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs Traybake recipe commissioned by Heinz to showcase their New York Deli Style Mustard with Honey. All opinions our own.
If you love chicken recipes you may also like my
- Chicken, mustard and potato one pot
- Quick & easy spicy garlic chicken pasta
- Easy freeze ahead chicken kebabs
- French style chicken casserole
- Healthy coronation chicken