A glass of Pimm’s and lemonade epitomises the English countryside. As well as being delicious in drinks try using Pimm’s in a dessert – like this quick and easy boozy Pimm’s & strawberry syllabub.
I love syllabub! I really really really love syllabub – firstly it sounds so pretty and delicious; Syllabub sounds like the name of the dashing heroine in a oh-so-charming 1920’s novel. In another life I was called Syllabub, was the first of my crowd to oh-so-daringly have my hair cut into a sharp bob. You get the drift… Syllabub, syllabub, syllabub!
Secondly syllabub is delicious and thirdly it is also stupidly easy to make, and if you serve it heaped into wine glass it looks so impressive. It is the perfect summer pudding for either a dinner party, or for a romantic dinner.
To make this Pimm’s dessert inspired syllabub you simply cut up some strawberries, marinade them in Pimm’s. Whip the cream, adding some of the strawberry infused Pimm’s then layer it all into a glass. Chill, serve and bask in the glory of your friends compliments. Deliciously quick, easy and above all Fuss Free!
Pimm's for Dessert - Boozy Strawberry Syllabub!
- 75 ml Pimm's
- 100 g strawberries - sliced
- For the Syllabub
- 150 ml double cream
- 2 dsp icing sugar
- 3 tbs juice from the Pimm's soaked strawberries
- To serve
- Extra strawberries
- Spring mint - optional
- Place the sliced strawberries into a bowl, and pour the Pimm's over. Leave to infuse in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- in a large bowl whisk the cream, sugar & strawberry infused Pimm's together, until thickened, but still floppy.
- Divide the strawberries between two glasses, reserving a little of the juice. Gently dollop the cream mixture over, a jam funnel is useful to get it neatly into the glass. Smooth it down if needed.
- Top with the remainder of the Pimm's and strawberry juice, fresh strawberries and the mint
- This recipe is 14 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion
If you love syllabub you may like to try
As an aside, did you know that different shapes of strawberries have names?
For a lovely English cocktail to sip before you have the Pimm’s dessert syllabub, try my Coconut & Elderflower Gin Martini.
Pimm’s Dessert – Boozy Strawberry Syllabub commissioned by The Bar. All opinions our own.
Fuss Free Flavours encourages you to drink mindfully. For advice on sensible enjoyment of alcohol please visit Drinkaware.