I’ve always been rather fond of a spicy tomato juice, but, as I am not a vodka drinker have ever been a fan of the Bloody Mary.
On a recent visit to the Maille Mustard boutique in central London I discovered, and was wowed by their tomato vinegar, a delicious, richly coloured and flavoured mix of tomato purée and vinegar. Perfect for a modern non-alcoholic twist on the traditional Bloody Mary.
We’ll be serving this for a weekend brunch, or for a hangover soother, the vinegar mimics the alcohol nicely, giving the kick, but also leaving you with a clear head.
Recipe: Virgin Mary with Maille Tomato Vinegar
- 300 ml chilled tomato juice
- 1 tbs Maille tomato vinegar
- 1 tsp Maille smooth Dijon Mustard
- Juice of about 1/3 a lemon
- Pinch Cayenne pepper – to taste
- Pinch Celery salt – to taste
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Slices of lemon and sticks of leafy celery to serve.
- Whisk or shake the ingredients together, check the seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Pour into two Martini glasses and garnish with a slice of lemon and a stick of celery.
- Enjoy immediately.
This is a sponsored post and recipe development commission. Fuss Free Flavours received products & remuneration to compensate for time, skills, knowledge and costs incurred in developing the recipe and writing this post.