It is Spam® Appreciation week from the 3rd to the 9th March and to celebrate the folks at SPAM® have got 5 weekend theatre breaks to be won, as well as 100 runners up prizes. For a chance to win pop over to SPAM® Appreciation Week page and share your love of Spam® by uploading a poem, photo, drawing, video, recipe or anything else that shows your devotion to and love of the brand. I am rather partial to a slice of fried spam, with a fried egg and chilli sauce! SPAM®Tastic! Be quick. The competition closes on the 28th February 2014.
To get you in the mood for some SPAM®, I am sharing a recipe from SPAM® for a SPAM®ish Omelette
Recipe: SPAM™ish Omelette for SPAM® Appreciation Week
- 200 g tub or can SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham (cubed)
- 120 g cooked potatoes – cubed
- 30 g green and red peppers – diced
- 1 medium onion – sliced
- 1 small garlic clove – crushed
- 4 large eggs – beaten with a little milk
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley – finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Use one frying pan and one (28 cm) omelette pan (not with a wooden handle)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in the frying pan, stir in the sliced onion and crushed garlic and sauté on a low heat until golden brown while stirring frequently. Then add the diced peppers and cook for a further two minutes
- Meantime in the omelette pan, add a further tablespoon of oil and when warm sauté the cubed SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham until golden brown
- Remove the SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham from the pan but keep it warm. Then add the potatoes to the pan and sauté until golden brown
- Transfer all the cooked ingredients into the omelette pan. Turn up the heat and when the pan is hot pour in the beaten egg/milk mixture. Keep the egg mixture moving around the pan with a wooden spatula until it starts to set making sure the ingredients are spread out evenly
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley on top then turn down the heat until cooked underneath and almost set on top
- Transfer the pan to a hot grill and grill on a high temperature until the top is set and beginning to turn a nicer golden colour
The recently launched 200g tub is currently available in the UK from Tesco and Asda. 200g and 340g cans are available from all major UK supermarkets.
More details and recipes can be found at www.spam-uk.com and facebook.com/OfficialSPAMUK
Recipe and images cursory of SPAM®. This is a sponsored post. All opinions are our own.
My brother loves Spam, an army thing, he’ll love this recipe!
I love fried SPAM, so much!
Sarah, Maison Cupcake
Want that for dinner badly now.
Isn’t is just so so SPAMtastic!