The popular and classic avocado toast gets a SPAMtastic makeover for SPAM® Appreciation Week 2018
SPAM® Appreciation Week is firmly marked in all SPAM® lovers diaries and is a time to come to together, share recipes, open lots of cans and celebrate the wonder of the one true original canned meat that is SPAM®! I am rather partial to a few fried slices of SPAM® with a good glug of sweet chili sauce – SPAMtastically delicious!
This year SPAM® appreciation week falls from the 5th – 11th March 2018- so get your supplies in and crack open a can or three!
There are another three jackets to be won, as well as a European city break for two, all you have to do is share your love for SPAM® – on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook using #SPAMweek2018 or upload directly on SPAM®’s site. (T&Cs apply)
Anything goes – so videos, photos, recipes even poems as long as it shows your love of the one true original SPAM®!
SPAM® Hot & Spicy Avocado Toast
- 1 200g can SPAM® Hot & Spicy Chopped Pork and Ham (Diced – available from ASDA)
- 2 chunky slices of granary bread
- 2 avocados (medium ripe )
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Toast the bread until golden
- Dice the SPAM® Hot & Spicy and grill or fry in a dry pan until golden
- Peel and crush avocados in a bowl with a fork.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice, seasoning and stir well.
- Spoon half of the avocado mixture on to each slice of toast.
- Top with the cooked SPAM® Hot & Spicy
- Sprinkle with chilli flakes if using and serve.
Post SPAM Hot & Spicy Avocado Toast commissioned by SPAM; all opinions our own. Read more about SPAM.
If you love SPAM® you may also like
or these SPAM® sliders.