This fuss free delicious, indulgent and easy three ingredient caramel toffee sauce with honey recipe is sweet, sticky, gooey and delicious. Enjoy it in so many ways and since its homemade, its Gluten Free!
Generally I think that food with a sauce is so much better; crisps with dips, chicken with lots of gravy, a steak with a Stilton sauce, apple pie and custard or an indulgent sticky toffee pudding with lashings of toffee sauce.
This three ingredient toffee sauce is sticky, buttery and has a lovely almost sharp note from the honey which cuts through some of the sweetness. Spread in a cake, put a dollop into a milkshake or even eat with a spoon straight from the jar whilst standing in front of the fridge.
This really could not be easier to make, simply put equal weights of honey, salted butter and soft brown sugar into a pan and heat until bubbling. Cool and decant into a jar, then enjoy. So quick and easy, fuss free at its best – and once you have made it once you will not need to refer to the recipe again.
When cooking the sauce you will know when it is done as size of the bubbles will change; they will get larger and the layer of bubbles will be thicker. Allow to cool a little – if you pour boiling sugar syrup into a cool glass jar it is very likely to shatter. Wait before you lick the spoon – boiling sugar syrup is both hot and sticky – I’ve been there and blistered the roof of my mouth when being too eager for a taste.
Three Ingredient Caramel Toffee Sauce with Honey – Serving Suggestions
Three ingredient caramel toffee sauce
- 80 g honey
- 80 g salted butter
- 80 g soft brown sugar
- Place all the ingredients into a pan and gently heat, stirring all the time until you have a thick bubbling sauce.
- Allow to cool then pour into a jar. Store in the fridge before use.
- The easiest way to make this is to weight the honey into the saucepan, then add the same weight of the other ingredients.
- Add a good pinch of seasalt for a salted caramel toffee sauce
- This recipe is 6 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion