This fuss free delicious, indulgent and easy three ingredient caramel toffee sauce with honey recipe is sweet, sticky, gooey and delicious. Enjoy it in so many ways.
Three Ingredient Caramel Toffee Sauce with Honey
Food is so much better with a sauce; crisps with dips, chicken with lots of gravy, a steak with a Stilton sauce, apple pie and custard or an indulgent sticky toffee pudding with lashings of toffee sauce.
This three ingredient toffee sauce is sticky, buttery and has a lovely almost sharp note from the honey which cuts through some of the sweetness. Spread in a cake, put a dollop into a milkshake or even eat with a spoon straight from the jar whilst standing in front of the fridge.
How to make Toffee Sauce with Honey
Step one – weigh out the ingredients and add them all to a saucepan. Add a pinch of sea salt for a salted caramel honey sauce.
Step two – heat over a medium heat stirring all the time until bubbling. The sauce is ready when the bubbles change – the layer of bubbles gets thicker and the bubbles themselves larger, and the sauce becomes sticky and will coat the back of a spoon.
Step three – Allow to cool a little. Warm some jam jars with boiling water, and decant the sauce into the jars. Wait before licking the spoon – boiling sugar syrup is very hot and sticky!
Three Ingredient Caramel Toffee Sauce with Honey – Serving Suggestions
- Gently warm and pour over ice cream
- Add to a milk shake
- Swirl through no churn ice cream
- Drizzle over a pavlova – like my toffee cappuccino cloud pavlova
- Spread on toast for an indulgent snack
- Use to sandwich cakes or macarons
- Spoon over my toffee and caramel dessert
- Drizzled over a freshly baked honey cake.
Three ingredient caramel toffee sauce
- 80 g honey
- 80 g butter
- 80 g soft brown sugar
- Place all the ingredients into a pan and gently heat, stirring all the time until you have a thick bubbling sauce.
- Allow to cool then pour into a jar. Store in the fridge before use.
- The easiest way to make this is to weight the honey into the saucepan, then add the same weight of the other ingredients.
- Add a good pinch of seasalt for a salted caramel toffee sauce
- This recipe is 6 Weight Watchers Smart Points per portion