I really rather like SPAM® – the tinned ham edible kind, rather than the stuff that lands in my inbox on a regular basis. As well as being served straight from the can, slices or sticks of cooked SPAM have a crispy exterior, and juicy inside, taste delicious and really are very morish.
It is SPAM® appreciation week from the 7th – 13th March 2016, and to celebrate I am delighted to be sharing this recipe for one ingredient SPAM® fries, perfect for a breakfast treat.
- 1 x 340g can of SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham - cut into 1/2" sticks
- Ketchup / Mayonnaise to serve
Preheat oven to 350f 180c/160c Fan
Spread the SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham sticks on a baking tray and place on top shelf of preheated oven for approximately 12 minutes until golden but not crisping up
Serve in an empty SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham can with a selection of dips
If you love SPAM®, you may be interested in the SPAM® CAN tour, which sets off from Liverpool this weekend.
Following the phenomenal success of the 2015 SPAMERICAN™ Tour in the USA, it’s now the UK’s turn to experience the great taste and versatility of the world’s most iconic meat, SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham, having fun along the way on a unique tour.
A specially designed, eye catching airstream van will hit the highways and byways of Britain to show thousands of people just what SPAM® Can really do. Serving up a hot new way to enjoy the iconic meat with the increasingly popular SPAM® Fries, which are popping up in fashionable restaurants across the UK, visitors to the airstream will enjoy a small portion for free. Regional chefs and special guests will be on hand at some of the events to show just how versatile SPAM® Can be.
Visitors can also have fun with friends and family by having their photo taken in the Giant SPAM® Can and even play the specially created SPAM® Can Alley game at the more family orientated events. Fans will also receive a free commemorative tour lanyard that shows the various ways SPAM® Can be enjoyed, from the ultimate breakfast fry up to traditional favourites such as SPAM® Hash, plus a free branded trolley coin that can be used in all major UK supermarkets.
The officially named SPAM® Can Tour will start in Liverpool, during the official SPAM® Appreciation Week on 5th March 2016, and run until end of August 2016. It’s 75 years since SPAM® Products came to the UK and were originally manufactured in Liverpool, so the city was the obvious choice to kick off this exciting and unique tour.
Visiting eight locations across the UK in 2016, the confirmed dates for the SPAM® Can Tour are:
Liverpool: Paradise Place 5-7 March
London: Classic Car Boot Sale, Kings Cross 16-17 April
Shropshire: The Caravan Club Festival and Food Event 28-29 May
Birmingham: Foodies Festival 3-5 June
Sunderland: International Airshow 22-24 July
Cheshire: CarFest North 29-31 July
Blackpool: Air Show 7-8 August
Hampshire: CarFest South 26-28 August
Further information on the SPAM® Can Tour can be found at www.spam-uk.com, with regular updates on Facebook and Twitter @OfficialSPAMUK #SPAMCanTour
I also have 2 SPAM® BBQ sets worth £50 each, as well as a bonus 10 trolley tokens for the first 10 entrants to be won.
Win 1 of 2 SPAM® BBQ sets
How To Enter
- Simply complete the Gleam widget below to verify your entries
- Entries can be via blog comment, Facebook, Twitter etc
- Read the rules below, and please take note of the entry criteria. I can tell if you have tweeted and facebooked, I do verify entries, and will, and have disqualified people who cheat.
- Closing date Midnight 31st March 2016
New to Fuss Free Flavours or Gleam?
- If there is no form hit refresh (f5) and it should appear
- You need to complete the mandatory entry first – usually amswering a question
- Login to Gleam – click to see what the question is. Answer the question in the widget. This will unlock all the other options.
- Gleam will tweet, like and follow on your behalf making it really easy to enter!
- For information on how to find the url of your tweet click here
- Really want to win the prize? Come back every day for bonus entries
For more SPAM® inspiration why not try
Sponsored Post for SPAM®. Recipe for SPAM® fries and the prizes courtesy of SPAM®.