Fresh fruit and a hot sauce are perfect for those dull and damp summer evenings, when you want a hot pudding but also want to pretend to be healthy. This quick and easy pudding can be cooked in just a few minutes is very good for using up odd bits of fruit that are starting to turn – nectarines, bananas and apples would all work.
I used “stone clinger” peaches – those peaches that are overripe on the outside and still hard in the middle.
Hot Peaches in Butterscotch Sauce
- 1 oz butter
- 1 oz soft light brown sugar
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 Peaches (apples, nectarines, bananas or other fruit. 2 pieces per person is perfect.)
- Put the butter, sugar and honey into a saucepan (to save time and washing up just use a wooden spoon to approximately measure the honey) and heat on a medium heat stirring from time to time. Meanwhile cut the fruit into segments ready to add to the sauce.
- When the sauce has thickened and is golden and bubbling add the fruit, stir for a minute until heated through.
- Serve straight away, either by itself or with cream or ice cream.