I’ve written before about how easy it is to mistake hunger for thirst. I am sure that we have all been there, starving hungry and grabbed a snack and not really felt any better? Guidelines vary and are effected by so many things that there are no hard and fast rules about how much water you should drink – “8 before 8” is both easy to remember – Eight 8-ounce glasses a day which is just below 2 litres.
I keep a glass on my desk, topped up from a BRITA tap, or from a BRITA filter jug. Remember that liquid in your food counts too, soups, fruit and veg are largely composed of water and help you along your way.
My skinny and rehydrating miso soup will help you along the way to your 8 before 8, and makes an excellent snack or light meal. Adapt to your taste – swap in different noodles, add more, or leave out the prawns and play with the chilli and herbs.
I used filtered water to make the miso soup – it has a delicate flavour which certainly benefits from the filtered water.
More Easy Soup Recipes
- Good soup often starts with a soffritto recipe. Make a big batch, freeze and use every time you make soup.
- Carrot and lentil soup
- Pumpkin and sweet potato soup
- Swede Soup
- Slow cooker vegetable soup
- Butternut squash soup
- Tomato and lentil soup
- More easy soup recipes
Summer Soup Recipes
Recipe: Rehydrating Miso Soup
- 1 bundle soba noodles ( - cooked as per packet instructions)
- 1 small pak choi (- washed and cut lengthwise)
- 1 slice tofu (cut into 1cm cubes)
- 16 ready cooked prawns (optional)
- Slices chili (to taste)
- 1 tbs coriander leaves
- 550 ml Miso soup (- made as per packet instructions with BRITA filtered water)
- 2 wedges lime
- 2 dash Tamari ( or good quality soy sauce)
- Cook the noodles as per the packet instructions
- Whilst the noodles are cooking prepare all the other ingredients
- Divide the noodles between two bowls and scatter the other ingredients over
- Pour the miso soup over
- Serve garnished with a wedge of lime and with extra coriander, chilli slices and a drizzle of soy sauce
I used frozen prawns, the hot soup will defrost them in seconds
For a vegan dish leave the prawns out.
Recipe and post commissioned by BRITA. All opinions our own.